Weird Wednesday



Yes, that is a sock monkey on the top of the Christmas tree. One of the weirdest things about me and my hubby is that we collect sock monkeys. It just kind of happened; it wasn't something we planned to do. When we first started dating, I told him about this sock monkey I had as a kid. He got me one for my birthday as a joke and it spiraled from there. One of the first years we celebrated Christmas together, we couldn't find the star to put on the tree. I had some Santa clothing I would put on the cats for Christmas pics. We decided to put them on Sammy (our fist sock monkey) and put him on the tree. It became a tradition! About 5 years ago we got him a full Santa suit from Build A Bear. What's one of the weirdest things about you?

Looking for more fun weirdness visit my favorite weird blogger: It's Ok To Be Weird

3 comments:

Unknown on June 8, 2011 at 3:21 PM said...

My daughter (11) loves sock monkey and collects them.

Unknown on June 9, 2011 at 8:43 AM said...

Our Xmas tree topper is a star I cut from a throwaway baking pan thing, attached to a McDonald's straw. It was meant to be a joke because we forgot to buy a real tree topper when we got our first tree, but now I insist on using it every year.

But the weirdest thing about me? I don't think much about me is normal, so who knows. I was the "weird girl" in high school and continue to be the "weird girl" at my job, but I like to believe it's an endearing quality. I do make my boyfriend and son celebrate Christmas in a cemetery every year. We have a picnic. I'm the only one who enjoys it, I think.

Amanda Tempel on June 12, 2011 at 12:43 AM said...

I love Sock Monkey's too! There so adorable :) Well, I guess the weirdest thing about me is that I LOVE Rats. A lot of people think it's weird, or gross. But their amazing! :)

Post a Comment